Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$13,000 power cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the last few feet won't make a difference, that's way you have to have the special amoured(not just shielded) cable installed to that point. One day some-one going to convince them to use 3 phase supply as it is a more "balanced" source. The test using a 50z source sig-gen into twisted pair only gores to prove it's really 100z cable.

actually, there are voltage stabilizer products that purport to supply cleaner, balanced AC to your $40K worth of audio gear. The sales pitch is "for less than 10% of your investment, you can't afford not to use it". f*cking charlatans.

Lol at my home improvement store you can buy wall outlets for like a dollar...

Cmon 13k for a cable? How stupid can people get?

**broken link removed**

This 5ft power cable they're selling for $456 looks like it's made from the same screened & clear sheathed cable I use at work to wire between inverters and AC motors to conform with those IEC directives regarding external interference reduction. From memory, RS sells it for about a buck or 2 per metre.

I'm planning on going to CEDIA expo next month. This is ground zero for that kind of lunacy. I'll try to remember to do a report.

As mentioned on another thread on the forum where a member was annoyed at the price of a simple item. Let the buyer beware !!!!!!!

I can sell you a simple empty dog food can with a socket on the side and you will have a wave guide antenna working (very well as it happens) at 2.4GHz

Pay as much as you think it's worth.

200 year old fruit bowl (antique) worth £1500. No it's worth what your willing to pay.

You can sell anything at any price if the customer is willing to pay, therefore no rip off.

Worth to me the above fruit bowl about 70p

Last edited:
NewUser said:
**broken link removed**

This 5ft power cable they're selling for $456 looks like it's made from the same screened & clear sheathed cable I use at work to wire between inverters and AC motors to conform with those IEC directives regarding external interference reduction. From memory, RS sells it for about a buck or 2 per metre.

I think you should email them and ask them why they charge that amount. When they reply, you should then reply with a link to the RS part. :)

I love awekward situations. Might also be amusing to see them try and justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back