Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12F683 and Junebug

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeca

The Pickit 2 manual suggests that some sort of adapter is required to program the 12F683. I'm assuming I can just connect ICSPCLK to PGC and ICSPDAT to PGD, with MCLR tied to VPP like other chips.

Can somebody shout if I'm assuming wrong before I cook a chip? :)

The Pickit 2 manual suggests that some sort of adapter is required to program the 12F683. I'm assuming I can just connect ICSPCLK to PGC and ICSPDAT to PGD, with MCLR tied to VPP like other chips.

Can somebody shout if I'm assuming wrong before I cook a chip? :)
You don't need any adapter. I'm programming a 683 right now with PICkit 2. If I wanted to I could substitute my Junebug and it would work exactly the same.

Yes, ICSPCLK=PGC and ICSPDAT=PGD. Works fine. :D

Thanks futz. 10 points if you can guess what I plan on building! ;)

I'm unsure why Microchip used different terminology there, a bit confusing when you haven't slept for a few days. Just need to build a breakout from the Junebug ICD header to breadboard then I can get going.

Thanks futz. 10 points if you can guess what I plan on building! ;)
A Mikey K8LH blinky device! :D Now gimme my 10 points! :p

I'm unsure why Microchip used different terminology there, a bit confusing when you haven't slept for a few days. Just need to build a breakout from the Junebug ICD header to breadboard then I can get going.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Sorry futz, it's actually for a mind-control-ray device. No points this time ;)

And yes AtomSoft, I plan on building something very similar to your pictures. I think I'll put it on a tiny stripboard so I can include the low voltage diodes too if I need them. Just need to get some pin headers at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back