Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

120v 4-led night light 2011-11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben7

ben7 submitted a new article:

120v 4-LED Night Light - This circuit uses can be used as a night light. It uses a 120v Mains to power the circuit. Works li

This circuit uses can be used as a night light. It uses a 120v Mains to power the circuit. Works like a charm!

Schematic

View attachment 54407

Example

View attachment 54408

Parts

4x - White LEDs
1x - 9.1K 5watt Resistor
1x - 1N4007
1x - 180or220uF 25v cap
1x - 1Meg 1/2watt Resistor
1x - 100mA fuse
1x - Enclosure

Notes

• The capacitor C1 is optional.

Read more about this article...

can dc supply led indicator lamps can be used on ac supply nad vice versa
give explanation

I'm a bit confused as to what you ask, but a DC indicator lamp can be used on AC if it has a rectifier and/or filter capacitor, however, the DC voltage will be higher than the AC voltage. That is why an unloaded DC-out wall wart transformer will measure much higher than it is marked.

If the ac supply is 220 volts,then which resistir shoulr I replace and by which one??? PLZ help. I am not exprt.

If the ac supply is 220 volts,then which resistir shoulr I replace and by which one??? PLZ help. I am not exprt.

220v is twice of 110v so doubles the value due to the voltage work, try to replace 9k1 with 22k-100k and capasitor voltage 160v

220v is twice of 110v so doubles the value due to the voltage work, try to replace 9k1 with 22k-100k and capasitor voltage 160v

Not really useful to run off 220 because the resistor will have to be double the resistance, and it will dissipate double the power.

I have opened several Dollar Store 120v Blue Led nite lights, and basically found this circuit...minus the fuse.

Thanks for this circuit,
But anyone can tell me why they not use any capacitor after the 120V like other circuit
ex: 1uf or 2.2uf with 250v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back