Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 vdc clock timer/switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankvetrano

Hello everybody,
I am searching for a switch (a clock switch).
It should switch to "ON" from 6.00 am to 22.00 pm and to "OFF" in the remaining time.
Does anybody tell me where can I find such a device?
Is possible to do it by myself ?
Thank you so much in advance.
Cordially Francesco.:)

12 volts clock

Francesco,

Try to get hold of a quartz controlled analogue timeswitch with battery back up.
This can be a 110 or 230 Volts one.

Those clocks run usually at 1.2 Volts via the back up nicad battery when power fails.

By taking out the voltage drop resistor or capacitor and refit a 1 k.ohm resistor in it's place here.

Then refit the nicad space with a 100µF electrolytic capacitor and red LED in parrallel.

The clock should work then. As added bonus the led will pulse at a 1 second rithm too.

clock

Like this one.

I use one of those in my car succesfully for the last 20 years.
The clock outlived a Ford Falcon for 14 years and is now in a Nissan diesel van.

I use it for timekeeping only but you can switch things on or off if you wish.

Regards

Raymond

Attachments

• DSC01279.JPG
    DSC01279.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 239
Dear Raymond, thank you so much for your email !! Yes I want to do something like you showed me in the picture. I have to switch ON/OFF a volumetric sensor of an allarm security device...just this. I would like to use a power supply of 12 volts, the same voltage of the sensor I have to switch ON/OFF.
Thank you so much again,
Francesco.

Hi, thanks for you message. I need to switch ON/OFF an allarm security sensor. I want to deactivate the sensor from 6.00 am to 20.00 pm ...just this.
Francesco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back