Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1000vdc 1 amp high frequency plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I got a notification from an anonymous person and no right of reply.

Just wrong on so many levels.

Mike.

Hi Pommie,

If you have a complaint about moderation, please start a PM with the moderators. You can add as many as you like to the conversation.

And for what it's worth, I defended you against the post suggesting you're a troll. Someone saying he doesn't feed trolls is quite different from downright name calling.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Pommie,

If you have a complaint about moderation, please start a PM with the moderators. You can add as many as you like to the conversation.

And for what it's worth, I defended you against the post suggesting you're a troll. Someone saying he doesn't feed trolls is quite different from downright name calling.

Regards,
Matt

However, as previously stated, the message was anonymous. How is me being called a troll not downright name calling?

Can I see my post that was deleted as I don't think it was outside of the rules.

Mike.

dear mods,this thread trashing by a member needs to end.ive been honest and played by the rules.exactly by the rules.
to those members who wonder who i am,may i suggest a look at my profile for clarification.

How did I trash this thread? How was you calling me a troll "playing by the rules"? I gave you sound advice and you insulted me.

Mike.

The posts have been edited to remove all name-calling. Please keep this thread civil.

robo, your profile says nothing useful about you except that you don't follow rules....

So, the post I object to has been edited and my reply was removed??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So, the post I object to has been edited and my reply was removed??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The part of the post you objected to has been removed, so your response (and mine as well) have both been deleted.

look under information tab : )

Like I said, there's nothing useful there except that you don't follow rules.

I don't care what you have or haven't done in the past. Your "accomplishments" mean nothing here--They do not make you any better than anyone else, and certainly don't mean the rules don't apply to you. When you post here, you are under the same obligations as any other member to be polite and courteous to others. If you don't adhere to these obligations, you will be turned away. It's as simple as that.

3613718_zpszuz4okde.jpg

once its operational,this is what it will do,any help will be appreciated.
mhd has multiple functions .
im developing a start and control switch.
if the switch works ,then you guys will get credit.
im a firm believer in honor.

I don't think that your analogy with a jet engine is a good one. It made me think the ignition system was to ignite jet fuel (Kerosene.) Is my new understanding that it is to create a plasma path through the fast flowing hot gas correct ? Also I do not understand the unit "hp per second" HP is already the rate of flow of energy. It sounds like people saying something is travelling at so many knots per hour when knots is already a unit of speed. Knots per hour would be an acceleration.

Les.

So you need to switch the 1000 volt DC power at a variable frequency between ~70 Hz and several Mhz?

Making a 1 KW 1 KVDC power supply is not that hard if you don't mind doing a bit of HF transformer winding/rewinding yourself.

If it was me I would be starting with a off the shelf 1000+ watt power inverter and would be modifying its secondary circuits to run at a much higher voltage starting with rewinding the HF power transformers secondary to put out the 1000 volts followed by reworking the rectification filtering and feedback circuits to handle that voltage as well thusly making it into a self contained regulated HVDC power supply.

After that the original circuitry for the inverters AC power conversion could be gutted and redesigned to work with high voltage rated switching devices and their related drivers being multi amp rated power mosfets with voltages and bandwidths in the 4000+ volt and 100's of KHz to low Mhz ranges are available.

I don't think that your analogy with a jet engine is a good one. It made me think the ignition system was to ignite jet fuel (Kerosene.) Is my new understanding that it is to create a plasma path through the fast flowing hot gas correct ? Also I do not understand the unit "hp per second" HP is already the rate of flow of energy. It sounds like people saying something is travelling at so many knots per hour when knots is already a unit of speed. Knots per hour would be an acceleration.

Les.
its a feedback loop that must be regulated

So you need to switch the 1000 volt DC power at a variable frequency between ~70 Hz and several Mhz?

Making a 1 KW 1 KVDC power supply is not that hard if you don't mind doing a bit of HF transformer winding/rewinding yourself.

If it was me I would be starting with a off the shelf 1000+ watt power inverter and would be modifying its secondary circuits to run at a much higher voltage starting with rewinding the HF power transformers secondary to put out the 1000 volts followed by reworking the rectification filtering and feedback circuits to handle that voltage as well thusly making it into a self contained regulated HVDC power supply.

After that the original circuitry for the inverters AC power conversion could be gutted and redesigned to work with high voltage rated switching devices and their related drivers being multi amp rated power mosfets with voltages and bandwidths in the 4000+ volt and 100's of KHz to low Mhz ranges are available.
i was considering going this route but im not an expert in mosfets,could you provide link to the type i may need.thankyou.

Well now is as good of time as any to become an expert an internet searches.

Type in "High Voltage Mosfet Transistor" into a search engine and see where it takes you. It should keep you busy for the rest of the weekend.

And for those wondering what a MHD (Magnetohydrodynamic Drive) is and how it should work,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamic_drive

and its reverse equivalent generator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamic_generator

Hmm. Guess they do exist and are actually buildable devices. (Didn't expect to see that coming. :wideyed:)

However I am not finding any valid info on them being workable as an atmospheric jet engine. At least not one that would produce enough thrust to power a battery operated jet aircraft at ultra high altitudes. Especially a home built one made by an amature fabfricator working out of his garage. (Sort of saw that coming.) :(

This is the nearest thing I can find that sounds similar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_Specific_Impulse_Magnetoplasma_Rocket

.1 pounds of thrust at ~50 Kilowatts input power and the functional prototype weighs a few tons.

(Now that's more what I was expecting this to turn out to be. :facepalm:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back