Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10 LEDs question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justo-23

Hello, My name is Justin... I am extremely new here and have a basic understanding of Electronics and Circuits.

I found **broken link removed** for a 10 LED chaser circuit, but I'd like to tweak a few things and got lost quickly :S

Issue #1 - As this will be going on my R/C plane, it will be powered by a 3S 11.1V Lipo ~12v input, not 6-9v.

Issue #2 - I would like to replace each LED with a transistor to switch the same ~12v on and off to a **broken link removed** cut down to 6 LEDs per 4017 ouput.

What needs to be changed on this circuit to make all this possible? I.E. what transistor should i use to switch on and off the LED strips?

Thanks, Justin

Last edited:
for your voltage problem its not that big just find a resistor to go from 12 volts to 6 volts an for the strip led no good they are made for 12 volt so they may not be bright using 6 volts buy some SMD led and u can do that way

Last edited:
couldn't i use a transistor where each led is in the circuit then go to the led strip, and the transistor would turn on or off the full voltage?

LED Strip

From what I see the strips have a resistor for each set of 3 LEDs with a current of 20ma. So something like this would work if the output from the counter is positive.

Attachments

• LED.PNG
    LED.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 188
so... if i wanted 2 sets of three LEDs off each transistor so the effect would be 2 lighting up in the middle, and spreading outward... like this
**broken link removed**
would the 40ma be too much?

Do you fly your RC plane at night in the dark? Because you won't see LEDs in the sunshine.
The voltage of LEDs is determined by their colour but you forgot to tell us their voltage or their colour.
6 LEDs on at the same time might drain your battery very quickly.
A 3 cells Lipo battery drops to only 9V when it should be disconnected.

The guy in the video flys his "RC airplane" in the dark because it is just an ugly piece of cardboard. My RC airplanes look great so I fly them so they can be seen (in the daytime).

The guy in the video flys his "RC airplane" in the dark because it is just an ugly piece of cardboard. My RC airplanes look great so I fly them so they can be seen (in the daytime).

If your rc plane is better lets some action AU go throw some led's on and produce better still pic's than what was shown on that you-tube clip.

Lets just say put up or shut up, all we seem to hear about you and your rc pane is it's just that good you won't show it on here......

I'm not sure what you mean about them lighting up. All 6 will come on at the same time for each count. With the strip the smallest number you can turn on at 1 time is 3.
40 ma. is no problem for the transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back