Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10 display VF pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi, i got VF from my old Casio calculator it have 10 blue color display the pins are name as

VF S6 D12 S7 D11 S5 D10 D9 S4 D8 D7 D6 D5 DP D4 D3 S3 D2 S2 D1 S1 VF

i think S is for segment, D is for display..., but what about supply connection??

i don't know how to use this displays.
its no. is ld8197a

Last edited:
Here is the image of it.

Attachments

• 16032011176.jpg
    16032011176.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 16032011175.jpg
    16032011175.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 258
It's a high voltage VFD display, you'd need something like an old Nixie tube driver to get it lit.

Stick with your 8085 studies, make an effort to focus on one subject at a time. In no time you'll be computing like it's 1977.

Want a nice easy to learn MCU, try the ancient CD1802 from RCA. Only had 30 or so instructions but it was SOS and good enough to be put into space probes.

It's a high voltage VFD display, you'd need something like an old Nixie tube driver to get it lit.

Nixie tube need near by 220V, but this VF were used in small calculator that mean it circuit give high voltage if you tell me about how to give it supply rest of work i can do my self.

i am not getting any good links for it, i think it is very very old MCU.

It wasn't a micro-controller, it was a VERY old micro-processor - it was used on space probes because it was low power CMOS, could easily be programmed remotely, and was fairly impervious to radiation of various types. However, I don't recall it only having 30 instructions?.

Check here:

RCA 1802 (CDP1802) microprocessor family

Interesting to read they did make a micro-controller version, the 1804.

My mistake, the CDP1802 had 91 instructions.

Our OP might want to learn the instruction set for the CPU inside his Windows computer. It'll be based on the ancient 8088.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back