Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10 Amp power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't consider it a properly working 10 amp design if it blows parts of itself up at loads over 3 amps. :eek:

Given that a TIP35C has a average gain of around 20 for every amp they handle the base needs about 50 ma so at 3 amps you would have been expecting that little 2N2222 to handle around 150 ma!

At the full 10 amps you will need to be able to supply at least 500 ma plus dissipate the wattage of the voltage drop at that level as well with what ever transistor you are driving the bases with which if you are using a 30ish volt supply that still equates to around up to 15 watts of heat that has to go some place just for that one transistor!

Last edited:
And I would agree..
Again there transistor has to handle 300ma ..because Im loading 6 pass transistors ..not 3.

I have no trouble haulling 6amp of it now. but the supply does drop a volt or two..so ..I'll just research ,and do a few more calculations..flawed im sure,, and either put a darlington transistor or a darlington pair in place. I had thought of using two TIP3055 for this. I'll play with it somemore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back