Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I was thinking, all we have to do to get rid of half the 1 posters who are asking for full schematics code and parts lists for projects due in 5 days is remove the word "free" from the websites main description.

How about "Electronic Circuits and Projects Community"

Just my two cents =)

That's weird. I never even noticed that. How come it's just not something like Electrical and Electronics Board or something like that?

Ask Electro Master =)
Add free to anything it will get more hits, even if it's not free =)

It's like talking about politics or religion, there are so many points of view all you have to do is throw out a vague question and everyone will chime in about what they think, and it just cascades from there. If you notice all the 'good' threads around here excluding the development of whole circuits are very short, or back and forth theoretical rants based on an original post who's maker never comes back.

I post some and I get to talk to my self. :D Maybe I need to add I need it today so I can fix my TV. Or hurry I need to program a pic to make a remote for my tv. Or maybe I need this but I don't know what this is. If it wasn't for all
them post like that this site would be boring and just like the rest I love It like it is. What i don't get is how some one can go to college for FOUR YEARS and ask some of the things they ask on here. Let's not build a robot that can follow a line lets make one that can cook a meal and wash the dishes oh and do the laundry. :D:D:D:D

Ask Electro Master =)
Add free to anything it will get more hits, even if it's not free =)

Just a guess, but I think that is the idea. More hits = better ratings, better chances for paid advertising, more google ad clicks.

May be I should add the word free to the Silocontronics.com title in the hope there'll be more posters. :D

What i don't get is how some one can go to college for FOUR YEARS and ask some of the things they ask on here.

What college did you go to and how long ago? :p

My last college experience ended less than four years ago and I went to a 12000 plus student college with acredited engineering courses!

I can see why these college students ask simple to the point of being stupid questions!
I have been in those classes that they are taking right now. I got apsolutely nothing of value from the classes I was in. The real world was not part of the eductional format. :mad:
I am seeing that is aparently not just happening at the college I went to either. :mad:

The sports departments where I went had unlimited finacial backing for even the stupidest of things. But the rest of the college system was left to fend for themselves.
They had a big problem with inadiquate parking on campus while I was there. heaven forbid they plowed under one of the three sports fields that were in the middle of the campus that got used maybe twice a week for two months out of the school year.

Engineering classes take alot of money to run properly but get almost no public recognition when students do well or even do something outstanding!
Thus they get little finacial reward for doing a good job of educating their students properly. :(

But a college athlete ties his own shoes correctly by himself gets a full page write up in all the local news. :eek:

Thats how I see these questions. They arnt dumb people they just have very well financed athletics departments at their college. :mad:

I dont get angry with them I feel sorry for them and the future employer that hires them. :(

I would like to have them all tell us what college they go to so we can start listing them by location for future reference for others.
If this post came from a person going to college F then we send a copy of the post right to the college head! How many times do you think it will take before that class gets looked into? ;)

I didn't go 4 years I went 2 and that was 25 years ago and the way i see it that adds up to about 29 years of learning. Some of it the hard way. I didn't have the net to get a world of learning Like you can now. And believe me I feed sorry to. I have help more then
one with the things they should of learned. Your not going to learn any thing if all you want
is some one to give it to you. My Dad said if you want to learn you get it by doing. And hearing. Now most are not hearing and are sure not doing. The books I use way back then Had a circuit in it that didn't work every time I made it would burn out the transistor. But is was for sure going to make it work after about 4 npn going up in smoke
I took a part a amp that had some big power transistors in it and a big heat sink hooked that bad boy up turn on my home made power supply and it came to life no smoke but I learned some thing that big transistor didn't burn up but it sure would burn you azz off if you touched it. But it made me think and see that my 2n2222 burned up because there was no current resistors on the the base they got the full 12 volts and my supply could give them 5 amps of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back