Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$1 Color QVGA 1.1" 128x96

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Pasan's thermometer thread reminded me that I had seen this display,

Sparkfun has a **broken link removed** display for $1.
Color QVGA 1.1" 128x96

sku: LCD-08844
Description: This is a small 1.1" diagonal color 128x96 pixel QVGA screen found out the outside of many cellular flip phones. These are meant to be deeply embedded, ...

The ribbon connector is 33pin with 0.6mm pitch. Comes with small adhesive backing on ribbon connector....

Features:
  • Transmissive TFT
  • 17x22mm active area
  • 128x96 RGB pixel
  • 262k color
  • 18-bit parallel data interface
  • Driver IC HD66782

**broken link removed**

Too good to be true, maybe, maybe not. It seems that no one has interfaced to it yet.

A comment from the sparkfun site
Here's a datasheet for a module using the HD66782 controller. Includes initialisation data, which should help in the absence of 66782 data.
Has similarities and differences to the 66871. (& remember the LCD glass will also have differences)
Looks like this module doesn't use the OSD interface, but has a parallel CPU I/F. I'd expect the commands for this to need sending to the SPI interface on the SF module.

It isn't really QVGA (one quater of the resolution of VGA) which is 320x240.

there's a bit of discussion in the SFE forums. The connector is some odd thing with .6 mm pitch. There's a guy creating a header for it that brings out 100 mil pitch pins for use in a SBB. Apparently the connector is hard to find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back