Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1-Bit Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's great art and possibly of musical value, but I'm sorry the first thing I would do with the thing is use it as a clay pigeon for a shotgun. There is almost nothing on earth like the sound of a perfect square wave that will cause me to want to rip my head off and hide it in cotton. I've played around with tone generators before doing some basic phase testing, if I listen even at low volume to a pure square wave for more than about 5 seconds my hearing will be effected for several minutes, everything sounds very odd and I can hear harmonics in music that aren't there because for some reason the square wave sticks around in my auditory memory and it acts like like an in brain heterdyne effect.

It is cool, and perhaps Art (yes with a capital a,) however he has constituted himself in a way which is going to make it difficult to deal with the current critical body; much better these days to admit one has been 'standing on the shoulders of giants,' and that the work is somehow a collaboration (perhaps by letting the listener interact,) than to pose as the sole creative 'genius.'
Still, interesting.

Now let's carry it to the next step. Some RND functions sprinkled around in the code, and you will never listen long enough to hear the same composition twice... Every time you listen, it will be "new" music. Who needs an IPod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back