Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.5 amp exclusive or circuit simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

any ideas on a simple exclusive or circuit that can handle about 1.5 amps? using 14 volts dc. load is tied to ground or neg.
Thanks
kinarfi

How about a logic-level N-MOSFET driven by a standard exclusive-or IC?

Here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• EX-OR.PNG
    EX-OR.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 171
After working on the ex-or, here's my final. I replaced the tail, stop and amber turn signal with an LED stop, tail light unit and needed to make it work like the old method where the brake light blinked for the signal.

Attachments

• EX-OR.PNG
    EX-OR.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 196
That circuit should work.

That circuit should work.

It didn't, It would back feed, so I added 2 diodes to stop the back feed and now it works good. If I turned the signal and the break on, the other brake would blink and not signal properly.
Here's what is working good.
I knew it would happen, but what interesting is when the break and signal are both on, the front and back are out of sync.
Kinarfi

Attachments

• EX-OR.PNG
    EX-OR.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Yes, an exclusive-or gate output is off when both inputs are high, thus inverting the turn signal light when the brake light is on.

Alternative transistor model, tested, functions, lower current though, but enough for LED stop light of about 250 ma.

Attachments

• EX-OR Xistor.PNG
    EX-OR Xistor.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back