Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1/4" dia 4 or 5 pin bulkhead connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi All:
Well, I have some old gear using Lemo 304 bulkhead connectors which are enormously expensive, about 10x what you'd expect. I want to replace them.
The bulkhead connector contains 4 pins and a ground shield. It fits thru a 6 to 7mm diameter hole and has a round 9mm dia fascia/bezel to allow the 12mm nut on the back to run up the 1/4" or 6mm barrel from the back of the bulkhead and secure the connector.

https://octopart.com/era.1s.304.cll-lemo-12080237

So a 4 pin with shield or 5 pin bulkhead connector with a threaded 'barrel' of 1/4" should be fine.
Mini DINs are too big.

I can use something with a 1/2" (12mm) front bezel and perhaps a 14mm nut on the back, but the 1/4" threaded barrel is the limiting issue I think.

Any advice on this?

If you can tolerate the jack end being shorted as its connected you can get 1/4" jack with 4 or less common 5 pins, they'll carry an amp or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back