Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-volt-stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was a typical nerdy engineer, but this has gotten too inane for me. Maybe I'm just too old.:(

Re:

40120000 IC

40120001 IC
And I assume there will be fast, advanced versions in both TTL and CMOS thresholds, characterized for both 5 and 3.3 volts. For instance 74ACT12000

Last edited:
Re:

40120000 IC

40120001 IC
And I assume there will be fast, advanced versions in both TTL and CMOS thresholds, characterized for both 5 and 3.3 volts. For instance 74ACT12000
When VLSI/ULSI technology advances a bit further, or WLSI (Wicked Large Scale Integration) becomes cost-effective in a year or two, such chips will become feasible. NEVER and ALWAYS gates are still a very new technology and these chips will be expensive for a while until yields go up. Once 45nm chips start appearing, we should start seeing 3.3 volt versions.

In the meantime, if you need such a gate, you can use a microcontroller I/O pin and emulate the gate in software.

Last edited:
Digital Programmable Analog IC. Useful for people who only use digital programing and dont understand analog systems. It sets up just like an analog IC and operates just like an analog IC but you have to program the IC with the same parameters that an analog IC would have in that intended application.

Bulk discounts available for ETO members!

Digital Programmable Analog IC. Useful for people who only use digital programing and dont understand analog systems. It sets up just like an analog IC and operates just like an analog IC but you have to program the IC with the same parameters that an analog IC would have in that intended application.

One I thought of yesterday is a Digital Programmable Transistor. Program it with the parameters you need and use it in place of any other transistor. Eliminates the need to stock many different types. If I had such a device, I wouldn't have to keep ordering from Mouser. ;)

While we're at it, how about a programmable resistor (program it to any resistance needed) and a programmable capacitor (program it to the desired capacitance/ESR/etc.) And of course, the programmable inductor and the programmable crystal.

And something that would really help in optimizing board layouts, ICs with programmable pinouts.

Last edited:

I think this already exist. Mixed signal IC design.

Linear Chip - ASIC, Analog, Mixed Signal, Integrated Circuits, System On A Chip, ASICFlex

I found it in a google search, I forget what the site was. Google "messy schematics" and it's on one of the first few pages. ;) I edited it to add the "0V output" ;)

Thanks. Got it. Found valuable links!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back