Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-5V Breadboard Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

burg

Hey,

I'm looking for a quick solution. I'm testing circuits on a breadboard and I've run into the problem where I don't have a power supply.

I want to make something to plug into the wall, if possible. Is there anything out there like that?

Thanks for the help!

Theres lots using the LM317. **broken link removed**
Go down to power supplies, and the schematics are there to look at. Check out 402,403.
If you have an old computer power supply laying around, you can just hook up your power supply to it ,and not have to worry about digging up a transformer.

Sam

Last edited:
If your voltage and current requirements permit you might try a wall wart followed by an adjustable or fixed regulator. You'll need to come in with 3 volts more than your max output. Place the regulator on a small board close to the breadboard with capacitors to eliminate noise. The wall wart keeps you from having to fool with higher voltages. I've seen some with outputs approaching 1 amp.

That small 3.3V/5V one looks pretty nice.

I've found some stuff about using an old ATX power supply, by taking it apart and using the 5V, 12V and 3.3V rails. Thing I'm wondering is that it supplies high voltage, so will that be a problem?

Thanks for the ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back