Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vertical Lines on Half of Display

rfxcasey

I have an HMI with vertical lines on half of the screen. These lines aren't scrambled garbage but rather very regular in pattern and color. I have replaced the LCD with a new one and still the problem persists. I'm wondering if this isn't indicative of a bad video process chip or video memory? Any help would be appreciated. The cable appears to be OK but one pin on the header is unpopulated, though there isn't any loose wire to suggest one broke off or popped out of the connector. In the picture below where the connector is busted out of the side, I did that with my small screw driver while trying to push the connector into the header on the new screen, there was no wire populating that position previously. Each connector has 14 Wires but one header has 15 positions while the other has 14 positions. As stated I have replaced the LCD with a new one of the same part number and still have the video issue. Wiggling or moving the wires doesn't effect the image at all, no change whatsoever. Kind of looks like an interference pattern to me but I'm no expert on displays.
IMG_20240515_153541802.jpg
IMG_20240515_153553562.jpg

IMG_20240516_082323457_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back